I trust everyone is gearing up for a Happy, Safe, Healthy and Memorable Thanksgiving. This is certainly a time to count your blessings and be grateful for all the good you have in your life. I wrote a lot about what I am thankful for this year here and discussed what’s kept me going. I feel lucky and blessed but that’s not what this blog post is about. This blog post is about sharing a couple of new resources I’ve come across that might be useful to you and your work. Test them out and play around with them over the holiday when you are hanging out. Who ever really stops working when you are passionate about what you do? Here goes.
- Tips for good lighting as you continue to work from home.
- Upstream is the best way to grow your professional network. Join communities, give and get help, attend events to meet other professionals, and spend meaningful time together.
- ZipRecruiter allows you to search for jobs hiring in your area using ZipRecruiter’s job search engine. Find jobs hiring near you and apply with just 1 click. Look out Indeed.com!
- LunchClub where you can make connections to relevant people. I tried this once and was surprised to connect with someone in Texas that also does a lot of work helping business owners grow and scale. Interesting resource.
- Book Like a Boss is a free appointment scheduling software with Payment & Calendar scheduling app Integrations. Many of you have already heard of and possibly use Calendly – well BLB will most likely compete with them.
- followerwonk lets you match your activities to gains and losses in followers to give your followers what they like best. You can try one profile with limited access for free for a bit and then the clock will start ticking with a payment due.
- Chargers for your iPhone – The 20-watt Aukey Omnia Mini and Anker Nano can charge your iPhone in 30 minutes instead of an hour or two with Apple’s. That translates to four times the power for the same size brick. If you need a multitasker charger, try the $53 Anker PowerPort III 2-Port.
Hope these resources help you soar through the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving!
Photo credit: ©2020 Laurel J. Delaney. All rights reserved.