With record high inflation and prices shooting through the roof, here are a few ways to make your pennies go a little further.
- Pay with a credit card that gives you cash back.
- Try cash-back apps such as Ibotta and Rakuten
- Consider supermarket loyalty cards such as Safeway and Kroger that offer fuel discounts when you join their rewards programs.
- Save the planet by downloading an awareness waste app. Too Good to Go is an example.
- Go vegan or vegetarian, which costs as little as one third of a carnivore’s and can reduce your carbon footprint up to 73 percent. Plus, it’s healthy as all heck.
- Sell your used car or truck – good time to make a fortune on it. TrueCar, for example, shows what others have paid for both new and used vehicles in your area.
- Shop for a car loan, that is, if you are buying a vehicle. Try NerdWallet and Carvana that compare loan rates offered by different lenders.
- Traveling by air is tricky right now because it’s super expensive. Travel on a Tuesday or Wednesday for better rates and sign up for Airfarewatchdog to do the work for you on finding good rates.
- Purchase furniture that is only in stock as opposed to custom made so you eliminate long shipping delays. CamelCamelCamel, for instance, can track best deals on Amazon.
- Have a look at your neighborhood’s Buy Nothing Project, the hyperlocal at Facebook and app based groups where people give away all kinds of stuff. Facebook Marketplace and OfferUp are also good.
- Search resale sites to buy your clothing second hand – Depop or Poshmark just might be selling what you are looking for.
- Subscribe to rental site offerings such as Urban Outfitter parent company URBN, which is a subscription-base service that allows you to rent a set number of items per month at a flat rate.
Source: Newsweek.com, June, 2022