To ensure a good fit between you, in your capacity as exporter, and a domestic manufacturer with a product you want to sell globally, here are some things you should watch for:
- Good chemistry between you and your key contact (you can usually tell right away), and preferably with all of the top management as well. This helps ensure a companywide commitment to the export program.
- Detailed product information
- Impressive packaging, quality, convenience and price
- A company environment that is friendly, creative, and well organized at both operational and administrative levels
- A company positioned to achieve a world-class reputation in the industry
- Prominent online social status (having a Facebook page and Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ business accounts)
These traits are positive indications that you will achieve success in your export sales efforts. Look for them on every level as you search for a manufacturer to supply a product for export.
Not sure what to say when you contact a manufacturer? Read: Scripting Your Communication to the Manufacturer. Stuck on where to source products? Try: Where to Source Products and What to do if You Receive Crappy Products Samples from Overseas.
You must be logged in to post a comment.